Monday 20 October 2014

Ode to My Melitta Mill and Brew

The Unofficial Melitta Mill and Brew Fan Club

This page was created for hopelessly devoted Melitta Mill and Brew fans. If you landed here, you probably already know that the Mill and Brew Coffee Maker is no longer made. And also if you landed here, you probably have owned and loved at least one Melitta Mill and Brew.

I've owned my Melitta Mill & Brew for about 9 years and thankfully it is still working. I thought for a while I would have to buy a new one, but I was able to find a couple of replacement parts and it's still brewing up perfect cups of coffee every single day.

I've been researching our favorite coffee maker and am filling this page with everything I can find out about it including where you can find parts and also the instruction manual (I found mine!). And PLEASE say hello in the guestbook. We are kindred spirits!


My Beloved Melitta Mill and Brew (no longer available)

Grinds your coffee beans and brews the coffee all in one machine

When I chose my Melita Coffee Maker, I never dreamed I was picking out what would be a coffee maker worthy of the Coffee Hall of Fame. Through some research, I've found that there are approximately 3600 ongoing searches per month for this out-of-production coffee maker in the United States alone. Some of these searches are for replacement parts and some are from devoted fans hoping to find a straggler machine available somewhere online (scroll down if this is you).

This whole thing still puzzles me. Competition in any marketplace is tough! Why would a product so well loved, well made and in demand no longer be manufactured? I called Melitta to ask them. What I was told was that this machine is no longer in production and Melitta didn't replace it with another mill and brew. The kind lady I spoke with well aware of the interest in the old mill and brew model but reiterated Melitta would NOT be making this model again.

This makes absolutely no sense to me (and I told them so) since it was so very popular. Why have they not offered another mill and brew? The nice lady I spoke with could only offer replacement parts (scroll down for those too).

* Breaking News - Where to buy replacement parts for Melitta Mill and Brew

*New info found!!! on replacement filter and lid*

Melitta Mill and Brew Replacement Filter Basket I've just learned some WONDERFUL new information for replacing the top lid (large side) and also purchasing the replacement filter basket (pictured here).

For the top lid, (not the little one over the water reservoir, I'm talking about the big one that the latch breaks on) Melitta will send you FREE OF CHARGE a replacement cover/lid. But they only have it in white (who cares?). Call them at 1-888-MELITTA (1-888-635-4882) to get yours FREE!!! They don't even charge shipping.

*See update below about this* The other good news is that you can buy a replacement filter for your machine. These come in and out of availability so call to check stock. They are about $7.00 each + shipping, but you can only order 2 per customer (it's almost like the are black market items :-). It's only the filter, this does not include the cover over the filter, so save your old one of those. Oh, and you can't order them from the website, you have to call 1-888-MELITTA.

Update: A visitor to this page, MH in Utah, has learned that Melitta NO LONGER HAS THE BASKETS (4/30/2012)! Oh nooooo. I remember this happening in the past - they ran out, BUT got more in stock later so I hope that is the case again.

These 2 items might put your Melitta Mill and Brew coffee pot back in business for a while - it did for me! Had to share the new info. OK, carry on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment